Friday, August 12, 2005

Luuuuuuucy!

The whole dead-actors-endorsing-vacuum-cleaners-thing totally freaks me out, but I am a nut for anything involving classic old-time celebrities, particularly my personal hero Lucille Ball. I went through a brief phase (if eight years counts as brief) where I watched I Love Lucy twice a day, and bought everything Lucy related (biographies, postcards, coffee-table books, VHS-copies of The Mambo Kings) that I could get my grubby little hands on. I still worship Lucy, but haven't watched the show in years, sadly. You know, so I can watch quality tv—like crappy reality shows.
Lucy Still Loved (E! Online)

7 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Not only was Lucille Ball a beautiful woman she was a very savvy business woman. I will always love Lucy,I tivo it for rainy days.

8/12/2005 9:08 PM  
Blogger *Yasmine* said...

Thats soo funny!! I was just talking to my girlfriends about how much I LOVE LUCY too. She was amazing.........

My all all time FAV


cheers xoxo

8/13/2005 1:49 AM  
Blogger Movie Girl said...

I used to love that show as well, though definately not as much as you apparently!

8/13/2005 11:03 AM  
Blogger sioux said...

since getting fired from my job at a major publishing house, i am SO out of touch with your blog. no more gratuitious internet time. i haven't published the story yet, but here's some sympathy from a fellow firee in the in the media industry.

8/13/2005 5:19 PM  
Blogger nita said...

because my head is so chock full of useless information, when i saw this i thought 'hey, that girl who got canned in nyc loves lucy!'. go buy it. stimulate the economy :)

8/14/2005 10:01 AM  
Blogger Ooh La La said...

The best episode is when Lucy dresses us up as a fake spanish flameno dancer to be in Ricky's show. They make her dance (Ricky knows it's Lucy) on stage in front of everyone and the music gets faster and faster and faster. glorious!

Cheers Lucy!

8/15/2005 10:03 AM  
Blogger Jolie said...

My faves are the Vitameatavegamin episode (classic for a reason!), the Hollywood/Brown Derby episode with William Holden (both the Brown Derby scene and the nose on fire are priceless) and the episode where Lucy pretends to have died and climbs on the fire escape to hear Ricky, Fred and Ethel mourn her. Ahh, Lucy, I miss you so.

8/16/2005 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home