Thursday, August 11, 2005

Giving Melanie Griffith a run for her money

I spent fifteen minutes rummaging through one of my enormous bins o' product this morning, looking for a particular lip gloss I like, when I came across a brand-new, never used City Lips lip plumping treatment. City Lips contains Maxi-Lip, a formula made up of peptides that claims to restore collagen to the lips, making them fuller with repeated use. I've heard people rave about it, but have always been skeptical of lip plumping claims: some lip plumpers do seem to work temporarily, but leave you with that "Oh my god, a scorpion just bit my lip" feeling. (Not really a fan of that.) So, in the name of completely-unscientific-and-not-at-all-controlled research, I'm going to use City Lips everyday for a month to see if I can actually see a difference. And because I really am that much of a geek, I took a before picture of my "normal" lips this morning (see giant scary photo below), and plan to compare it to an after photo of my mutant lips (dare to dream!) in a month.



Giant scary photo. Enjoy.

7 Comments:

Blogger *Yasmine* said...

Nadine,

I actually have a tube that I have been wanting to use. I am going to start using it tonight as well. Good Luck!!!!

cheers


xoxo

8/11/2005 8:20 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Hum..interesting. I've wonder'd myself to see if that really work'd.

8/12/2005 4:16 PM  
Blogger Catalicious said...

Nadine:

don't you think you should wax, shave, bleach or something before you take a picture?

il mustachio is showing.

8/12/2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger Voix said...

I think your lips look just fine the way they are. Why plump?

8/12/2005 6:38 PM  
Blogger SuzyKelly said...

Catalicious: Im a stickler for waxing whiskers as well, and checked Nadine's picture and guess what? There is none! Go hiss at another cat.

8/13/2005 12:01 AM  
Blogger Movie Girl said...

Let us know how this works (if it works) in a month, I would like to try it too, but don't want to end up like some morphed freak lookin like Pam Anderson!

8/13/2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger Chantelle said...

Where do I get this?????

8/16/2005 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home