Monday, August 29, 2005

A Few Thoughts on the MTV Video Music Awards

1) I just wasted three and a half hours of my life. I will never get them back. This makes me feel bitter.
2) Gwen Stefani's boob job is in the Tara Reid-realm of "Where the hell did those things come from?" Why, Gwen? Why? When you were flat and proud of it, it was awesome. Now that you've bitten the dust, you fill out your dress and all, but do you really expect us not to notice that you suddenly have weird-looking, smushy cleavage? Hmph.
3) Apparently we Americans only listen to rap music, with the exception of Green Day and Kelly Clarkson. If you are an aspiring musican, but are not Green Day, Kelly Clarkson, or a rapper, just give up now and get a job at the mall, 'cause you ain't never getting played on MTV.
4) I am obsessed with The Killers. Still.
5) I am secretly obsessed with Kelly Clarkson. Still.
6) Somebody needs to feed Hilary Duff immediately and explain to her that, for better or worse, she is not Lindsay Lohan.
7) Jessica Simpson: WTF?? I'm sorry, was that outfit intentional? Did she mistakenly think she was attending the International Crack-Ho awards? Very disappointing, Jess. I don't know why, I don't know how, but Joe Simpson has failed you. And it hurts.

7 Comments:

Blogger gillian19 said...

J,
1. Someone please explain the point of having all these Rappers drive up in their Hoopdies, because I certainly didn't understand it.
2. Jessica Simpson should have been wearing that outfit in her bedroom because it looked like her underwear.
3. I love Kelly too, she is the by far the best American Idol.
4. Since when did speaking English become a faux pas because I couldn't understand half of what was being said last night. The worst of all was Jamie Foxx, you are an Oscar winning actor and we know you are African American but stop acting depending on the awards show you are attending, its annoying and obnoxious.

8/29/2005 9:17 AM  
Blogger inka said...

oh, i was really to watch the VMA, but it was so boring and it was so late (well in europe it was night... or very early morning) so i just set tv-timer and... slept.
good for me ;]

8/29/2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger Bi4NCA x3 said...

i 100% agree, although i didnt get a chance to watch the awards.simply because i didnt want to. ill just happily turn on MTV this week and see it being played. over and over and over again. u would just think that one is enuff. and yea i also secretly like kelly clarkson. these days she may be the only ReAL singer.

8/29/2005 9:55 AM  
Blogger Movie Girl said...

Jess needed to definately do a double take before walking on stage in that outfit. She will be hitting the worst dressed list in People for that one.

I grew tired of all the rappers, and thus turned the set off and went to bed!

8/29/2005 3:28 PM  
Blogger Marigot said...

After all your comments, I'm glad I didn't spend hours watching the show. I caught a few performances on and off but there was nothing that made me want to see the show in its entirety. But based on your comments I'm curious about what Jessica Simpson was (or wasn't wearing). I'll just randomly check out mtv this week and catch one of the 100s of repeats they air. I didn't get the point of Eva Longoria wearing a swimsuit. Maybe she was trying to liven up the show.

8/29/2005 6:20 PM  
Blogger gillian19 said...

Marigot,
I bet you can see J. Simpson's outfit on www.mtv.com but if not just do a Google search or check www.wireimage.com and you will def. find one. It was HORRIBLE!!!

8/29/2005 9:13 PM  
Blogger Execubabe said...

I barely recognized Hilary Duff.

I am positive that she had a NOSE JOB.

8/30/2005 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home