Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Beauty Question: Daily Moisturizers

A. writes,
Help! I don't have a lot of money to spend on a good daily facial moisturizer, and I'm never sure if what I'm using (currently Nivea Q10 Advanced Wrinkle Reducer Lotion with SPF 15) is the best out there. I don't want to fall in love with one that costs an arm and a leg. What do you recommend?
A., you're in luck! There are tons of inexpensive options at the drugstore that are just as good (if not better) than pricier face creams. The Nivea lotion you're using is stellar (I love Nivea products, and only wish that they had as many choices here in the US as they do over in Europe!) and its main ingredient, coenzyme Q10, is an energizing antioxidant that will help keep your skin looking radiant. If you want another choice, one of my absolute favorite moisturizers in the world (and the one that I currently use every morning over my IS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum) is Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF 15—dermatologists love it, it absorbs quickly (so it's great under makeup) and it's one of the only moisturizers that absolutely, positively never makes my skin break out. Other great options that rival anything you'll find at Bloomingdale's: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream SPF 15, ROC Age Diminishing Daily Moisturizer (the Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer is amazing, too; it battles fine-lines) and Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum. You're just as likely to find any of these moisturizers in a beauty-insider's cabinet as you are to find the Crème de la Mers and the SK-IIs. And, of course, the price is right!

2 Comments:

Blogger cerealgirl14 said...

I have also used Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 and it worked pretty well. But my absolute favorite is Clean & Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer. it's oil-free, not too thick and has acne fighting ingredients. It love it! It moisturizes my dry skin and keeps it smooth. I actually found out about it from this website; www.palacinka.com. They have a lot of great reviews of beauty products. Also this moisturizer is really cheap and can be bought at any drug store. Also try their other one; Clean & Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer with SPF 15. It is a little bit thicker, but makes your skin glow and lasts all day long.

8/27/2005 11:28 AM  
Blogger Enlargement said...

What a great title. You have a great blog. I was searching for clearpores when I landed here. I've got a similar site related to clearpores you might want to check out.

3/10/2006 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home