Friday, August 19, 2005

Beauty Question: Complexion Luminizers

C. writes,
I would LOVE it if you would write something about luminizers (if that's the right name for them). It's obvious that every model/celebrity in every magazine is wearing it, yet the accompanying text will inevitably only mention a blush color--are they trying to perepetuate the illusion that celebrites actually just naturally sparkle and glow? I want to know what is really on Naomi Watt's cheeks!
Very astute observation, C.! Yes, most celebrities have liberal amounts of luminizing powder, gel or cream applied just so to make their already blessed complexions look magical, like they've been kissed by fairies or something. (Obviously impossible, unless Colin Farrell counts. I have heard rumors.) Anyhow, there are several great products you can use for the same effect, and some of them are dirt cheap—no Hamptons home required for a gazillion-dollar glow, I swear. Try Wet 'n' Wild Mega Glow Face Illuminator, which is under $3 and works just as well as pricier luminizers. Dab it in the inner corners of your eye, under your eyebrows on the browbone, and on the apples of your cheeks, blending slightly. Just be careful not to get it near your nose or in the area between your eyebrows—both are high-shine zones, and you might end up looking like an oil slick. If you're more of a powder-lover, try Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance ($18 and worth every penny). I've spoken at length about my love for this product, which makes your skin look healthy and glowy. (Apply a very small amount with a brush in a C-shape around your eyes and up to your temples.) Voilà! Now you'll be Beyoncé-on-the-cover-of-Dangerously-in-Love's twin.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sydney T. said...

Jolie:
I love your blog. Have been reading since your debut on National TV. Keep going. I am sure there are many more out there that have you posted under their "must read". Thank you for all your advice and insights.

8/19/2005 4:06 PM  
Blogger hbgrrl said...

My holy grail is Revlon Skinlights.
It's cheap, works great, and isn't greasy.
A slam dunk in my book.

8/19/2005 7:02 PM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

I love Benefit's Moon Beam. It comes in a little bottle with a nail polish type brush so you can apply just the right amount to anywhere you choose. I love to put it on my lips, but first put chapstick on so it glides easily. The finished look is a suttle pearlized pink. Jolie- I also love your blog. I can't wait for your book to come out, you really seem to know alot about beauty. Good luck!

8/19/2005 9:09 PM  
Blogger SuzyKelly said...

I guess I forgot to mention this to you guys ... since we're all into beauty here... I used to check out this website called Makeupalley.com for product reviews from people who have used them. Has anyone here used this site before?

8/19/2005 11:45 PM  
Blogger kanashimi blue said...

yes, I'm a MUA(makeupalley) addict

8/20/2005 7:04 AM  
Blogger tree said...

I love your blog!

--Natasha--
www.postcardlife.blogspot.com

8/21/2005 3:24 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Benefit's High Brow for that wee space underneath the arch. Gorgeous!

8/21/2005 8:55 PM  
Blogger Marigot said...

When do you apply the luminizer? I use powder fountation. If I apply before the foundation, won't that negate the glow effect?
And for those that use cream blush...do you put powder over it? I'm curious if the stickiness of a cream blush would create an uneven powder finish.

8/22/2005 12:35 AM  
Blogger rlgirl said...

Makeupalley.com is a great review website...also if you are a women of color, Palacinka.com is very good for beauty product reviews geared toward women of color!

BTW That WetnWild Illumiziner is AMAZING! And cheap too...you can't beat it. I use it all the time.

8/25/2005 2:06 PM  
Blogger Chuck Reynolds said...

Free Web Report Reveals How Anyone Can

Become A High-Earning Super Affiliate Fast!

Download Your Copy Now Before It's Gone:

Free Web Report Reveals How Anyone Can

Become A High-Earning Super Affiliate Fast!

Download Your Copy Now Before It's Gone:

imprinted promotional product

11/07/2005 6:31 AM  
Blogger Shotta Blogger said...

Blogs like these make surfing the web a pleasure. The content regarding affiliates has been especially enlightening. I will definitely be making regular visits here. I found a related link , affiliates, that I thought would also be an interesting read for anyone interested in affiliates. Try it and let me know what you think.

3/25/2007 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home