Monday, August 22, 2005

Beauty Question: Bouncy Curls

V. writes,
Hi Nadine,
I was wondering if you know of a product that can bring the bounce back into my curls? I get my hair double processed (highlights and color). I try not to do it often, and not because I like to show my dark roots, but because I don't want to go through the thinning hair thing. I have used deep conditioners, Kerastase, Neutrogena, Helene Curtis, cholesterol. The only thing that seems to sligthly work for me is Infusium, but it weighs my hair down. Know of anything that will hydrate and not weigh down?
Any suggestions will help.
Thanks.
Hi V.!
As a wavy/straight-haired gal, I'm only slightly familiar with curly hair issues, but I'll do my best to point you in the right direction! Have you tried any products by Ouidad? They're all specially designed for curly hair and help separate and define curls while adding moisture and banishing frizz. Check out Ouidad's Playcurl line, specifically designed for thinning hair that that needs some extra lift and bounce. Ouidad has a salon on 57th street in New York, and she has a reverence for curly hair and genuinely wants to help women love their curls. Also, I'm sure you're already familiar with it, but if not, definitely check out naturallycurly.com, where you'll find a wealth of information, including articles, tips and product suggestions. (It's always helpful to chat with like-minded—and tressed—girls.) Good luck!

7 Comments:

Blogger K.C. said...

One product I love is "one conditioner" by DevaCurl. DevaCurl products (sold through devachan salon in NYC) are AMAZING on my curly ethnic hair.

8/22/2005 2:37 AM  
Blogger scout said...

I use Redken Fresh Curls products and love them. I have also heard really good things about Devachan's spray and I want to try that (it is cheaper than Ouidad). I have curly hair (big curls, not super tight).

8/22/2005 8:33 AM  
Blogger CurlyNikki said...

I absolutely LOVE Paul Mitchell Super Skinny-Shampoo, conditioner and serum. These products are really supposed to aid in getting curly hair straight, but I find that if you work the serum through wet hair and let air dry, you end up with great fun curls. I have used practically every product and this is what I have found to work best with my thick/coarse hair. :) Good Luck!

8/24/2005 1:13 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Hi there Jolie. I’m impressed with your Beauty Question: Bouncy Curls blog. I happened across you while researching going bald for a new web site I’m putting together at going bald - you make some good points so I carried on reading right through, thanks for that.

11/07/2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Hi Jolie, your Beauty Question: Bouncy Curls blog came up when I was looking for info on hair thinning for a family member. He was impressed with your blog and has started his own site at hair thinning, thanks for the inspiration that you have provided.

11/08/2005 11:39 AM  
Blogger Adele said...

Hi Jolie, your Beauty Question: Bouncy Curls blog came up when I was looking for info on going bald for a family member. He was impressed with your blog and has started his own site at going bald, thanks for the inspiration that you have provided.

11/09/2005 6:19 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

Hi, I was looking though some recommended sites and came across your Beauty Question: Bouncy Curls blog. I’m very pleased I did, I found it an interesting read as I’m putting together a site myself at hair thinning for obvious reasons……….lol. I’ve booked marked you so look forward to posting a bit more next visit.

11/21/2005 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home