Friday, July 01, 2005

My latest obsession

I know I can't shut up about Bare Escentuals makeup (truly the best foundation and concealer in existence), but I just discovered another Bare Escentuals product recently, and I'm hooked: Clear Radiance. It's one of those shimmery powders that reflects light, and it has a slightly pinkish tone—which sounds garish and horrible, like something Christina Aguilera might wear, but is actually lovely and pretty—that brightens up the skin and makes everything look gauzy and fuzzy in a great, 1930's-movie-closeup kind of way. My skin's not bad, but definitely not gush-worthy; whenever I use this as the last step in my makeup routine, though, people fall over themselves to ask what I'm using or what my secret is. And, by the way, I promise I'm totally unbiased and aren't secretly working for the company. I just love all their stuff that much.

4 Comments:

Blogger instantloser said...

ok. I was reading along and wanted to comment 2x to your posts "Rules for PR people to live by" and "How to Be Fabulous" with something along the lines of "shit bitch, you funny!" but I was too lazy.
Then I see this post and I had to stop. I *love* Bare Escentuals/Minerals. I am going to have to purchase this magnificant Clear Radiance you write of because after reading you, I now trust your word on beauty products :-)

7/22/2005 12:00 PM  
Blogger meta said...

I got it, but I need some help on how to use it! It's so concentrated that it clumps a bit on the brush and is hard to get even on my face. Do you just use a little? Do you combine it with other powder? Do you just put it on sections of your face? Any advice would be appreciated.

7/28/2005 8:12 PM  
Blogger Jolie said...

It can be slightly tricky! Just tap out a tiny bit into the cap, and then swirl it around on the brush. I like to apply it as the very last step in my makeup routine (after foundation, powder, blush, everything), starting on the apples of my cheeks and then making a C-shape around my eyes on my cheekbones, up to my temples, and then onto my forehead. I've put it everywhere a few times, and that works just fine, too, but concentrating a tiny bit on your cheeks, temples and forehead gives a really great natural looking glow. If you're going out at night, feel free to use a little more!

7/29/2005 7:49 PM  
Blogger meta said...

Thanks Jolie! Keep up the great work!

7/31/2005 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home